Monday, July 1, 2013

The Sharp Machine

If there is one constant at my shows, it is the comments I receive from my Sharp Machine.  This is absolutely the best sharpening device on the planet.  I used a Tormek Supergrind 2000 for more than thirteen years.  I am on my second grinding wheel with my Tormek.  I thoroughly enjoyed the Tormek, but it does not hold a candle to the Sharp Machine.  I watched the internet for a belt grinder that turned fairly slow and away from me while sharpening.  In my search I stumbled across this sharpener.  After a pleasant conversation with Gene Hoffpauir, I purchased the The Sharp Machine Professional Sharpening System.  My intent on buying the system was to use it for convex edge grinds only.  I intended to use the Tormek for everything else.  After receiving the system, I quickly began using it exclusively.  Although I carry the Tormek with me to the shows, I never plug it in anymore.  I have sharpened swords, lawnmower blades, knives, scissors, razors, hedge trimmers, shears, and all kinds of other edged tools with the Sharp Machine.  The system always performs tremendously.  I cannot endorse this machine enough.  If you are looking for a sharpening system to buy, this is the one.  You can find the machine on their website:
Vance Hinds

No comments:

Post a Comment