Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Apple and The Tree

The apple never falls far from the tree.  The old adage always seems to ring true.  Last week I picked up a knife off of ebay that reminded me of a knife that my Dad often carried.  A Boker large congress with jigged bone handles.  I bid on the knife just on a whim and ended up winning the bid.  I dug my Dad’s knife out of the safe and compared it to the new knife.  I was right about the similarities.  I showed my son Don his Granddad’s knife and the knife I just bought on Ebay.  He loved Pop’s knife more than the new one.  Don is named after my  Dad, Don Hinds by the way.  My son started cleaning the knife.  He spent Sunday night hand sanding a blade by himself in the garage.  Tonight he tried the buffer for the first time on the old congress.  He said, “now this is fun hanging out in the garage and working on knives.”  The apple and the tree.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

No comments:

Post a Comment